Senior Bucket List
School Counselor Bucket List Challenge for Seniors
These are suggestions that came from a high school counselor blog - create your own, but these ideas should get you started!
1. Write a note to yourself on your graduation day.
2. Clean up your social media to prepare for colleges/employers to view your pages.
3. Create a memory box of all your high school memorabilia.
4. Buy a yearbook and get everyone in your senior class to sign it.
5. Learn 100 words every high school student should know before graduation.
6. Start using Google Scholar rather than Google as a reference.
7. Join a club.
8. Attend a high school sporting event and show your school spirit.
9. Say thank you to a teacher or staff member who has inspired you.
10. Bury the hatchet with an old high school feud before you graduate.
11. Apply to at least one scholarship.
12. Exchange emails with people you want to keep in touch with in the future.
13. Visit the career center and research a college.
14. Plan a college visit and spend the night.
15. Stop by and have a conversation with the principal.
16. Tutor an underclassmen.
17. Leave a senior class gift.
18. Take an AP class.
19. Visit a college class.
20. Give a do-over speech to a freshman class.
21. Sign up to be a peer mentor.
22. Perform at least 30 hours of community service.
23. Take a picture with the school mascot or at a school landmark.
24. Sit with someone at lunch you don't know and start up a conversation.
25. Start a new club.
26. Attend a high school theater production.
27. Register to vote.
28. Take a photo of yourself every month for senior year.
29. Dress up for spirit days.
30. Take a picture with your friends wearing future college's t-shirts.
31. Eat lunch in the cafeteria.
32. Take a career interest inventory and talk to your counselor about your results.
33. Meet with your counselor once a month to talk about your post secondary plans.
34. Thank the cafeteria workers and custodians for their hard work.
35. Create your high school brag sheet or resume early.
36. Ask your favorite teachers/staff to write a recommendation letter for you early in the year.
37. Take a college entrance exam the fall.
38. Befriend the quiet kid in one of your classes.
39. Buy someone's meal at your favorite fast food restaurant.
40. Give your friends a challenge to donate to a local charity.
41. Plan a senior scavenger hunt. Come up with some fun ideas for you and your friends to gather items from the school.
42. Open a bank account.
43. Take an online class.
44. Do you own laundry.
45. Fill out the FAFSA.
46. Sign up for Circle of 6 app for your phone.
47. Learn how to sew a button.
48. Wake yourself up using an alarm clock or your phone.
49. Take a first aid course.
50. Keep up with all your senior fees and activities for your parents/guardians.
FASTWEB: Seize the Moment Bucket List
How to Create and Cross Off Your High School Bucket List