ACT - www.act.org
Helpful info on fee waivers
- It is recommended that juniors take either the ACT or SAT at least once in the spring of their junior year.
- Fortunately, NC DPI, in conjuction with ACT, provides the ACT for all juniors in the spring each year, free of charge and on a school day.
- DHS juniors will take the ACT on Tuesday, February 27, 2018. Start preparing NOW! There are many free resources to practice for the ACT and SAT (see drop down pages for links for free resources).
- Once you receive your scores, (6 to 8 weeks after testing), you can make a determination of whether that score will meet the criteria for the colleges you are most interested in, or if you need to test again to try and improve your score. You will need to make a decision on whether to take the ACT again or switch over to the SAT. (See article below.)
- You will need an ACT account to retest or to send scores to the colleges of your choice. Register here. Once you go to the registration site, scroll down- there is information on ACT accounts if you tested at your high school – see below.
Already Taken the ACT Test at Your High School?
You already have an account
Log in to your ACT account using your ACT ID, which can be found on your score report.
Resources for Test Prep:
- Smart phones have many free ACT test prep apps - visit your app store.
- Crash Course for the ACT /uploads/4/4/1/8/44189425/crash_course_for_the_act_(1).ppt
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euL7Z8FVL4 (Youtube has a lot of free prep videos!)